My photo
I am a journalism graduate, I am a dreamer, I love fashion, I am messy, I am in love... and I find it really hard to resist a Starbucks white mocha with cream. If you think that we could be friends, welcome to my blog :) I'm Dani, and I graduated from De Montfort University in May 2009 after three wonderful years studying Journalism and English Literature.... and one day, I WILL be a magazine editor.! I'm used to the blogging world, but this blog has been set up especially to keep track of my journalism applications, my successes, my failures... However, I'm willing to let you in on a little bit of my wonderful life too........ enjoy the ride!

Monday 17 August 2009

A day's insight to more! magazine

My wonderful first day at more! magazine was filled with... well, nothing really!! But it was fun. And nice to see everything in motion, even if not many people really talk to you! But thankfully there is another girl, L, who started her work experience with more! too this morning... I was sooo glad when I realised they took on two per week.

We started the morning by mailing out the copies to PR agencies, news agencies... and Alan Carr. Upside - we had read the magazine more than 24 hours before it hit the shelves. Downside - lots of shoving a magazine in an envelope and sticking! After that we sorted the mail - the amount that some of the editors get is amazing!

Oo and I forgot to mention, Heat, Grazia and Closer are all in the same building, and we had to go over to grab new copies of their magazines. All of the offices are the same... quite small, not too spacious, and full head to toe, wall to wall with magazines and covers alike!

So after the mail we got researching for Man Quotes and yummy men for Man Talk. This took us up until about lunchtime, and L and I grabbed a baguette from across the road. It's located on Shaftesbury Avenue, literally a 5 minute walk from Covent Garden so hopefully the weather stays up and we can have a few nice lunches in the square.

After lunch I picked a few competition winners (5 winners out of 2500 entries........) and helped get some ideas together for the Inbox page, including the Pub Dilemmas. I had to quickly nip out to the shop (with one of the editor's debit cards) to buy a couple of magazines... felt very Devil Wears Prada-ish, before coming back and preparing some answers to reader's letters for tomorrow morning.

I got back all in one piece on the tube and am now completely completely shattered! But looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment